Light salad lunches are great, even greater when lightly dressed with soy, chilli flakes, and some extra-firm tofu for protein.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 1/2 block extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 iceburg lettuce shredded
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
What to do:
- To prep the tofu: Once pressed, slice it into 2cm cubes and mix with the paprika in a bowl.
- Heat a non stick pan and place the tofu into it. Don’t use oil, the hot pan will sear the tofu and make the outside of it start to firm up.
- Let the tofu cool whilst you shred the lettuce and spinach into a bowl.
- Add tofu, soy, and chilli and give it a stir.
The tofu can be made a day in advance, just store it in the fridge.
I recommend serving this with a sweet potato or some toast to make it properly filling.