I’ve managed to get ill, not just the sniffles of a cold but full blown manfluesque coughupyourgutswallowinselfpity ill. I’m supposed to be competing this weekend in Pole Vault, so am trying to get better ASAP. In addition to tonnes of sleep (vital for recovery) and taking time off of training (can’t kill your body when it’s already broken) I’m trying to up my vitamin C intake. Here’s a quick and colourful way to do that.
Makes one smoothie bowl (feel free to top with goji/seeds, or incorporate nut butter and oats for a more substantial smoothie)
- 200ml innocent (or any not from concentrate) juice in apple + raspberry
- 125g of frozen mixed berries (I used blueberry and strawberry)
- 1 kiwi fruit (great vitamin C source)
- optional: 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum for thickening
What to do:
- Bung it all in a blender and blend away.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings if you want.