Happy pancake day! (as if we need another reason to make pancakes) Here’s a super fast vegan recipe, and an optional cinnamon berry coulis to go with it.
Ingredients for pancakes: makes 8
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (adjust to personal preference)
What to do:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl to form a runny batter.
- Set aside for a minute whilst you heat and lightly oil a pan.
- Put blobs of batter on the hot pan and leave until many bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes.
- Using a largish spatula, slide under the pancake and flip (this is why it’s always better to give it an extra couple secs before flipping to ensure the underside is cooked and flippable).
- Serve with whatever toppings you want. Date syrup is a great one, as is good old maple…
- 175g of frozen mixed summer berries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- tbsp of castor sugar
What to do:
- In a small saucepan add the ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes until some of the berry liquid has evaporated, and the sugar and cinnamon are combined through.
- Use to top pancakes to take your breakfast to the next level.