It’s so so quick to whip up a batch of homemade hummus, and it always tastes better than supermarket versions. I made enough for 4 days worth of sandwiches.
- 1 tin of chickpeas (standard size)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp of the water from the chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of tahini paste
- salt (be generous, I used about 10-15 twists of a shaker but taste it and add more if you want)
What to do:
- Chuck all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined. It’s fine if not all the chickpeas have been blended, as it makes for a chunkier texture. If you choose to blend it super smooth I recommend reserving some chickpeas to scatter on at the end.
- Scrape into a bowl and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers and it should last a few days.
It’s great had with cut up veg or inside a sandwich for some healthy protein.
Nutritional info for 1/4 of the recipe: Calories: 120 Protein: 4.8 Carbs: 9.9