33g of protein per pancake, and if you use oat flour they can be totally gluten free, they’re also vegan. Essentially these pancakes are superfood and you can totally justify eating them all the time to ‘hit your macros’
Makes 6 pancakes:
- 1/3 cup of oats (or a flour of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (if you use flavoured you may wish to omit the cinnamon)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup to serve
- optional: 1 tbsp peanut butter (sosososo good), blueberries, choc chips etc
What to do:
- If using oats add them to a blender and pulse until they resemble flour. If using flour then just dump it in your bowl.
- Add the protein powder and stir briefly.
- Add the liquid and combine until it resembles a runny batter (think brownie batter). Stir in any add ins.
- Heat a frying pan with a bit of oil and place tablespoonsish size dollops of batter on it. When the top of the pancakes starts to bubble it’s ready to flip.
- Serve drizzled in maple syrup/jam/other delightful stuff.
Nutrition: (if you eat all 8 pancakes yourself which makes total sense excl. add ins)