Sometimes you just need a good soothing cuppa, this is inspired by traditional chai, perfect for when you need something sweeter than tea but it’s not quite cocoa weather. It uses almond milk as a base for a naturally sweet low calorie vegan drink.
You will need: serves 1
- almond milk (to measure pour into serving mug and then into your pot)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Pinch of nutmeg (1/8 tsp apprx)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- chai tea bag
- Bring milk to boil and then add chai tea bag and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and after removing the tea bag, whisk to combine. Leave to simmer for another minute or so.
- Pour and enjoy when piping hot.