Oats are great, I love oats, but sometimes they just don’t cut it. Especially after a workout when you’re looking for some extra protein, quinoa would be far better. Thus quinoa porridge was born, made with almond milk for added natural protein.
You will need: serves one
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (1/3 if uncooked,in which case cook it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (or other milk if you prefer)
- a few almonds to scatter on top
What to do:
- In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients bar the almonds.
- Heat until bubbling.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until it begins to thicken (around 8-10 minutes) you can partially cover it and stir every few minutes to quicken the process.
4. When thickened pour into a bowl and add the almonds on top.