“but you can’t have pancakes, they aren’t vegan”-mum
I love pancakes, and I’m determined not to let veganism prevent me from living life, and eating yummy food, so with a little simple substitution I came up with (and successfully tested) a recipe for pancakes.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of almond milk (or soy if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (I want to try wholemeal or buckwheat next time)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1.5-2 tablespoons of sugar (try 3 if you like it sweet)
What to do:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until well combined in a goopy batter.
- Add some veggie oil to a pancake pan, and spoon a heaped tablespoon of batter onto the pan.
- When you see bubbles on the top of the pancake, flip it over.
- Cook for a few minutes, checking as you go.
- Serve with whatever you like, I lovelovelove maple syrup/ wild blueberry jam/ creme de marron
For some yummy variations:
Toss some blackberries or blueberries onto the pancake when in the pan and let them cook. They become like jam.
Toss in some vegan dark chocolate chips straight in the batter for gooey deliciousness.