Simple, yummy, what more could I want from a recipe…
Makes around 18 mini scones
You will need:
- 200g self-raising flour (plus a little more for dusting the tabletop)
- 45g butter
- 25g porridge oats
- 75g grated cheddar (extra mature), plus about 10g extra for topping
- 150ml milk
- Prehat oven to 200°/gas mark 7.
- In a large bowl rub in the butter and flour till it resembled bread crumbs. Then stir in the oats and cheese until well combined (I just used my hands).
- Add the milk and combine it all to make a soft dough.
- Lightly flour your tabletop, and roll out the dough to about an inch or so thick, it doesn’t really matter too much.
- Cut out scones and place on your tray.
- Scatter the leftover cheese on top, it’ll make a really yummy topping, so scatter liberally.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.