I needed to bake for a charity cake sale, so naturally I tried to find a super easy, majorly chocolaty, recipe for cupcakes…It turned out rather yummy, so here’s the recipe, it makes around 16 cupcakes.
You will need:
For the cakes:
- 200g of plain chocolate (I used 70%)
- 200g of soft light brown sugar
- 150g of butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 250g of self-raising flour
For the chocolaty topping:
- 100g of plain chocolate
- 50ml of double cream
- 25g of icing sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 160, and line the cupcake tin.
- Melt the butter, chocolate, sugar and 100ml of water in a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Then set aside to cool a little whilst you assemble the other ingredients.
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Fill the cupcake cases, be careful not to fill all the way to the top as they will rise.
- Bake for about 20 min on a low shelf in the oven. (check after 15 minutes as you don’t want to totally dry them out).
- For the icing: melt the chocolate together with the double cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, once mostly melted stir in the icing sugar. Allow to cool for a minute, then apply to the cakes.
- Add any toppings you want (I used dried raspberries)