I really wanted to print some song lyrics on fabric, however I have found that the iron on letters don’t give the effect I want, so I tried a really simple method and it worked. This is it.
As mentioned on my backpack tutorial, here is how I made my custom print pocket.
you will need:
- fabric for the pocket, a sturdy cotton works best
- acrylic paint, I used black
- paint brush
- letter stencil
- Lay the material flat, and decide where you would like the letters to go.
- Place the stencil down and use the paintbrush to dab paint in the letter.
- Lift of the stencil carefully, and that’s it. The fabric will absorb the paint very well, so it should dry incredibly quickly.